(thanks to Alan Richey for the killer banner above)

Welcome to Untitled Gaming, repository for unfiltered, uncensored opinions on all things related to games, and best of it all, it comes from two adults that don't live in their mothers' basements. Additionally, we do not think it's the coolest thing in the world to scream racist and homophobic slurs, all in the name of drawing attention to our sad, little lives. We do other less obnoxious things to draw attention to our sad, little lives.

Oh, and we've been accused of podcasting from time to time. You can check out the most recent one just to the right of the blog.

We're here to have discussions, so please enjoy and engage us in the comments!

thanks to Laurance Honkoski for the book banner!

Blaine's Other Blogs

20100302

Next time, don't be so fucking eager.

Star stickers to anyone who can 'name that flick' in regards to my title.

It is an appropriate title, though, I assure you.

Here are all the games I've purchased in 2010.

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins - Return to Ostagar, Star Trek Online, STALKER: Call of Pripyat, BioShock 2, Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, Aliens versus Predator, Heavy Rain, and MLB 10: the Show.

WOW.

I booted Silent Hill, only to never touch it again because of how shockingly ugly the game is. Really, though, that series has gone from the greatest interactive horror franchise ever to unintentionally funny in how fucking bad it is. I'll let you know if that changes.

I played through and enjoyed Mass Effect 2, even if it wasn't quite what I was looking for in the title.

The Dragon Age DLC was okay.

I haven't even activated Star Trek Online. I love Star Trek more than anyone I know, but the beta didn't leave me with a taste of Star Trek in my mouth. Lame.

I installed STALKER and played my usual 'make it run at all' meta-game that I play each time I install a STALKER game. I booted it, tweaked settings, looked around a little, then shut it down, since I haven't even finished Clear Sky yet.

I installed BioShock 2, and have played a fair amount of it, but it just hasn't grabbed me yet. I've played a fair amount of it, and it's...okay. The mutliplayer was a HUGE waste of money on the part of the publisher, BTW.

Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth is awesome. I'm taking my time playing it, savoring each scene. To be required to think instead of twitch in a game is absolutely sensational. You are an idiotic jackass if you're not playing this series.

Aliens vs. Predator was a mistake purchase on my part. It is gorgeous on PC, but just not very good, and way too hard.

I think I really, really like Heavy Rain. I'll let you know in the next few days.

MLB 10 feels good so far, but I still don't understand why they make the game SO FUCKING HARD. Madden is easy to play. MLB should be, also.

Oh, and Sony, please stop shipping broken DLC as a preorder bonus, as you have now in back-to-back weeks with Heavy Rain & MLB 10. NOT COOL. Also, by refusing to fix them, you look dishonest. Please get these working.

Also, next week, I'm starting on Final Fantasy XIII, and a week later, I'll be jumping back into Dragon Age w/ the Awakening expansion while also starting to get a taste of Metro 2033, and then I'm done buying games until June, when Alpha Protocol is finally releasing (believe it when I see it). I wish that 50-75% of my game purchases for 2010 hadn't come out in the first three months, but that's the way the industry let it fall.

Going forward, I'm considering unloading my entire Call of Duty set. I think I'm just done with the series. I dunno. MW2 was a letdown on a few fronts, and I just think that maybe I've gotten everything out of the series that I care to.

Also, I'll be wrapping up Heavy Rain before the weekend, while getting warmed up with MLB 10 while playing BioShock 2 here and there while still continuing the game I have fallen madly in love with, which is The Witcher! This is one of the best RPGs I've ever played, and if things continue as they have in the game, it's easily in my top 5 RPGs of all time.

So, yeah, as usual, my life is all about excess. GAH!

What about you? Has "Christmas 2" been crazy for you, as well?

-Blaine

1 comment:

  1. I need to play the Witcher - was planning on doing it during what appears to be a pretty bare summer. You forgot DoW: Chaos Rising as well.

    Looking forward to talk Heavy Rain once you are done with it, as I want to know your opinion on if you feel like replaying or to see if we made the same choices.

    I am also thinking of selling MW and MW2, I think I am just 'over' the series as well. My least favorite part of CoD4 was the grenades and helicopters, and MW2 goes over the top past that quite a bit. I actually don't even feel like playing any competitive first person shooter. The only reason I was keeping MW2 was to see if the DLC would have more spec ops missions, which I loved.

    ReplyDelete