(thanks to Alan Richey for the killer banner above)

Welcome to Untitled Gaming, repository for unfiltered, uncensored opinions on all things related to games, and best of it all, it comes from two adults that don't live in their mothers' basements. Additionally, we do not think it's the coolest thing in the world to scream racist and homophobic slurs, all in the name of drawing attention to our sad, little lives. We do other less obnoxious things to draw attention to our sad, little lives.

Oh, and we've been accused of podcasting from time to time. You can check out the most recent one just to the right of the blog.

We're here to have discussions, so please enjoy and engage us in the comments!

thanks to Laurance Honkoski for the book banner!

Blaine's Other Blogs

20091230

GamePro

***CORRECTION 2009/12/31***




I received a tweet from the MAN himself, John Davison, last night, and I wanted to take a moment to clarify something I said in the original post below. Rather than risk being totally unclear again, here's his tweet:

jwhdavison @taranwalker Glad you like the ideas. Reviews are staying (for now) but will be more experience-focused. The rest is all features

So, yeah, reviews will be in there, and I really, really dig the 'experience-focused' angle.


Anyway, apologies to John Davison for not being clearer on that, but there ya go!


-Blaine


***END CORRECTION***



BTW, if ya haven't listened to the latest 4 Guys 1UP, do so. There, you'll hear about what sounds like the most exciting development in print gaming journalism, which is John Davison taking over GamePro. Just give it a listen, and hear about his plans to move the mag away from reviews and previews, and go more toward features about the people who make games and their artistic processes. The site handles the reviews and previews and all that stuff, while the mag is going to be much more feature-driven.

If you read EGM & 1UP during the Davison days, you know about the excellent quality that he brings to whatever he works on. I subscribed to GamePro as soon as I got home while listening to the podcast in my car.

What's interesting is that back in the 90s, when there were a million gaming mags, GamePro was one of my early favorites, but then became utterly irrelevant to me once Davison took over EGM.

What's incredible, to me, is that I'm going to be subscribing to both EGM & GamePro in 2010.

So, what do you guys think about gaming mags? What do you wanna see in them now that the reality of online content has set in?

I wonder if there'll be an option to subscribe on my Nook to either one...hmm...

-Blaine

4 comments:

  1. Cool news. I am totally on board for this idea. When does the new GamePro format start? Keep me posted, I may have to subscribe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first issue with the new format is the upcoming Heavy Rain issue, which should be the next one out. I'm really excited to see what this leads to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just remember Gamepro for giving so many games the EXCITED 5.0 FACES.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those faces haunt my dreams...when I review games in my dreams, I guess.

    ReplyDelete