(thanks to Alan Richey for the killer banner above)

Welcome to Untitled Gaming, repository for unfiltered, uncensored opinions on all things related to games, and best of it all, it comes from two adults that don't live in their mothers' basements. Additionally, we do not think it's the coolest thing in the world to scream racist and homophobic slurs, all in the name of drawing attention to our sad, little lives. We do other less obnoxious things to draw attention to our sad, little lives.

Oh, and we've been accused of podcasting from time to time. You can check out the most recent one just to the right of the blog.

We're here to have discussions, so please enjoy and engage us in the comments!

thanks to Laurance Honkoski for the book banner!

Blaine's Other Blogs

20091221

FIRST!!!

I think that's the proper way to get anything started. If you haven't heard, there will be a brand-spanking-new Untitled Podcast coming up, and in preparation Blaine and I have been going back and forth talking about the decade overall as it relates to gaming. Even though it isn't very original, top 10 lists can be damn fun, and you see some really odd things pop out of them. The first thing I noticed was one of the games Blaine nominated to be on the list that made me do a damn double take.

Shadow of Destiny. Shadow of Fucking Destiny. This fucking thing pissed me off when I tried to play through it. I thought there was a mistake, so I googled the title (side note - how long until 'googled' is recognized by spell check as a real word? can't be too much longer) and sure enough it was the same damn game I thought it was. It makes sense Blaine would pick it, but I sure don't remember him playing through it. The game was a pure adventure game, with a time traveling twist - needing to stop your own death.

Sounds cool enough, but I still remember one shitty mission over 7 years after playing it. All I know is that save points were not plentiful, and in one chapter I had to have my picture taken with a family and then return to a crack in time of some sort. There was a time limit involved in all of this, and somehow a cutscene made me go over it, losing all the work I had put into the chapter. This experience was horrific enough to me that there is no way it would go on any 'top' list of my creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment