(thanks to Alan Richey for the killer banner above)

Welcome to Untitled Gaming, repository for unfiltered, uncensored opinions on all things related to games, and best of it all, it comes from two adults that don't live in their mothers' basements. Additionally, we do not think it's the coolest thing in the world to scream racist and homophobic slurs, all in the name of drawing attention to our sad, little lives. We do other less obnoxious things to draw attention to our sad, little lives.

Oh, and we've been accused of podcasting from time to time. You can check out the most recent one just to the right of the blog.

We're here to have discussions, so please enjoy and engage us in the comments!

thanks to Laurance Honkoski for the book banner!

Blaine's Other Blogs

20110606

Sony, um, hrm, I dunno.

Let's just put this out front.

I have not a clue what Sony's going to do this year.

Well, that's not totally true. We know that a) the NGP will get some attention, b) they'll make light of the PSN outage, c) Jack Tretton will look like he's ready to piss himself, and d) we'll see Uncharted goodness.

What I don't know, though, is HOW Sony's going to come at all this. Are they going to take a conciliatory tone, or are they going to come out, guns blazing?

One thing I'll give them is that, unlike the other two console makers, they've kept their focus on the core gamer. They really do have a better stable of games coming out this year than the other consoles.

Well, we're saying that now, but let's see what this week holds.

What I'm excited to see from Sony is whether they expand on their relationship with Steam. THAT would be awesome. More cross-play functionality would boost sales of multiplayer games for them big-time. Many of you children that are saddled with console games will finally get to play games with myself and your big brothers that can afford to build those big, scary computers.

Additionally, I'm excited to see more about the relationship between the PS3 & the NGP. Since the dawn of the GameBoy, there's been this desire to see consoles and handhelds be able to ... do something with each other in some kind of meaningful way. I guess maybe it's kind of lack how I have my gaming desktop and gaming laptop share a 'My Documents' folder, so that my saves are always on both machines when they're at home, which means that when I take my laptop on the road ... all my game saves are on it and I can keep playing The Witcher 2 portably! Gasp!

Yeah, PCs have been able to do that for years, but it is cool that PSP & PS3 are starting to, in a very limited fashion, do it.




Good stuff.

Anyway, if this really catches hold, this could change the face of portable gaming and really do what Sony wanted to do in the first place, which is put the home console experience into a handheld system. I think that bears watching.

Oh, and just so we're clear, 'Transfarring' is a Konami thing for Sony consoles, while Sony has their own system that they're going to unveil.

And, for me, personally, they can't show enough Uncharted. My wife and I both love that series, and cannot wait for the next chapter this fall. It is beautifully written, and the gameplay doesn't get in the way. Awesome.

At 1900 on 6/6, you can watch the Sony presser here.

What do you think and/or hope you'll see from Sony tonight?

-Blaine

No comments:

Post a Comment