(thanks to Alan Richey for the killer banner above)

Welcome to Untitled Gaming, repository for unfiltered, uncensored opinions on all things related to games, and best of it all, it comes from two adults that don't live in their mothers' basements. Additionally, we do not think it's the coolest thing in the world to scream racist and homophobic slurs, all in the name of drawing attention to our sad, little lives. We do other less obnoxious things to draw attention to our sad, little lives.

Oh, and we've been accused of podcasting from time to time. You can check out the most recent one just to the right of the blog.

We're here to have discussions, so please enjoy and engage us in the comments!

thanks to Laurance Honkoski for the book banner!

Blaine's Other Blogs

20100209

WHACK! WHACK! Quick hits!

HOLY SHIT. I have been busier than ever. In changing jobs, I effectively eliminated any free time I had during the day during the week. I really need to do these posts at night from now on.

Since I don't let myself go out during the week anymore (I have to get up @ 6AM every day, and if I go out, I stay out 'til about that time), I have secured an hour or two with Mass Effect 2 each day, and I'm wrapping up all the side quests before I go through the Mu Relay. I've finished all the main quests and loyalty missions and am now doing some scanning and questing while trying to get all my tech unlocks.

I gotta say I'm pleased with the game, but I'm not as into it as I was the first Mass Effect. I don't know why yet. I just don't feel as immersed. This may change.

I think that part of this is brought on by my Return to Ostagar (har har.) Bad pun, I know.

Anyway, the finally-out Dragon Age: Origins DLC has given me an excuse to jump back into Dragon Age, and it's been interesting putting the two Bioware games side-by-side. Mass Effect 2 is sexier and smoother, no doubt, but Dragon Age: Origins is a much deeper and more immersive experience.

I love both of the games, and will reserve any real judgment until I finish Mass Effect 2.

I am still puzzled by how terrified of bare breasts Bioware is. Both games are extremely mature, at least until it comes to female nipples, and then it's 'ABANDON SHIP! NOOO!' Very weird.

THE FUTURE

I am very excited for the end of March. At the end of March, thus concludes 'Christmas 2' for me.

Today is BioShock 2, next week is Aliens vs. Predator and Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, then in the following week (2/23), I'm getting Heavy Rain, and the week after that, MLB 2010 on 3/2, then on 3/9, I'm getting Final Fantasy XIII, and a week later, I'm getting Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening and Metro 2033. That will end this insane clusterfuck of a release calendar.

That, plus Mass Effect 2, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, and whatever the hell else I've picked up this winter. Argh, Too much too close together.

What about you? Has it been or will it be a crazy calendar or releases for you?

Also, if you picked up BioShock 2, even if you've saddled yourself with the 360 port, I should be available for online play via GFW Live tonight.

Peace out.

-Blaine

2 comments:

  1. I have serious Dragon Age addiction problems. I told myself I was going to pick up Mass Effect and/or Mass Effect 2, but I can't stop playing Dragon Age. I even have Bioshock 2 CE reserved and can't bring myself to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel ya. If it wasn't for the crushing glut I have to get through, I'd probably still be attending to my second playthrough (female Rogue City Elf; talk about an Origin Story that gives you a reason to be pissed). BioShock 2 is fun so far, though I've barely scratched the surface thus far. Going to wait until I finish ME2 before I really throw myself into that one.

    ReplyDelete